Monday, September 22, 2008

All things low cal…

I am a big fan of Tarla Dalal… especially after I met the lady personally and interviewed her a few years ago. She was promoting her new book, Cooking with one teaspoon of oil. I learnt that tasty food need not be drowned in fat… So I decided to cook sensibly at least for 20 days of the month. The best solution? I use my old, battered microwave to the maximum for boiling vegetables! So here is the first in a series of low-fat, low-cal food that is yummy too!

Triple Magic

Beetroot, julienned: 2 medium
Capsicum, julienned: 2 medium
Carrot, julienned: 2 medium
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Juice of one lemon
Oil: 1 tsp

Method
Boil the vegetables (without water) in a microwave safe bowl covered with cling film for about ten minutes on high. Add salt, pepper and lemon juice. Add a teaspoon of oil and microwave again for a minute. Serve hot with chappatis and onion raita.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good gurl. post as often as you can. dont be lazy and let this blog not turn into another pageclips...all the best

Rekha Baala said...

Thank you! Now only if i could get this translated into Tamil... it would make life easier... wouldn't it? :-)

sindhu said...

wow, now there is one more thing I can follow! U are great!

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

That was a simple but nutritious recipe. Thanks for sharing with us.